The Educational Program at the Academy of Science of Engineering (ASE) is based on the early work of the first Lead Teacher in the USC-NAI Program and is designed to support students that will become highly advanced critical thinkers, problem solvers, as well as kind, compassionate young adults that are contributing and making a difference in their communities and in the world.
The Program superimposes a model of Habits of Mind and Ways of Working that support the development of students who:
1. are life-long Learners that are competent, self-motivated, confident, and responsible.
2. demonstrate solid skills in reading, writing, and speaking
3. have core knowledge that includes cultural, mathematical, and scientific literacy
4. have the ability to use technology as a tool and understanding its uses
5. can critically assess data
6. understand the scientific process
7. have a knowledge of history
8. gather and organize information
9. appreciate, enjoy, and respect the visual and performing arts
10. understand the political process